Two New Shirts (and East-Timor arrived)

Didn't post for quite a while, as I was spending some lovely days in London. The trip was fantastic, but quite a disappointment when it comes to football-shirt-collecting. Soccer Scene let me down, so I bought two shirts in Lilywhite's (located in iconic Picadilly Circus, definitly worth a visit): Croatia (Home, 2008/2010) and Bahrain (Home, 2010/2011).

I always loved Croatia, I remember supporting them back in the 1998 World Cup. The shirt was a real bargain - 15£, so it was a nice chance to add it to my collection. The chequered pattern is an absolute classic, I'm glad I've got this one now.

I don't know much about Bahrain and their team, except they've been improving in recent years. They failed to play in the 2006 World Cup because they (maybe surprisingly?) lost to Trinidad and Tobago in the playoff. In 2010, same story, this time losing to defensive outfit New Zealand. Maybe they'll make it in 2014! The shirt looks nice, and it just cost 25£, so I'm also happy with this one.

Other things I've learned from my trip (and I'm just talking about football shirts here):

The new Puma Shirts for African teams look great, as always. Specially Ghana.Puma is doing an amazing job down there. They were all designed by local artists.

Ghana
Egypt
Ivory Coast
Senegal
Togo
Burkina Faso
Cameroon
Great shirts, uh? I'm pretty sure I'll put my hands on the Ghana and Cameroon ones as soon as they're a little bit cheaper. The teams will be wearing the shirts soon, in the African Cup of Nations. Also a great competition to follow closely. It has everything: some good players, some rising stars, and some ridiculous goalkeepers and defenders from weaker teams. It's exciting and sometimes a good laugh!

I also headed to Wembley to see England playing against Sweden. The match was ok, the new stadium is brilliant, and the new Sweden's away shirt is incredible.


I'll be watching online shops closely to find this one at a reasonable price, even though I already own a Sweden shirt.

Also, my East-Timor shirt arrived last thursday. I'm over the moon with that one. Will post photos soon!

Francisco Ferreira

Journalist and football enthusiast. Born and raised in Porto, but ended up cheering the local minnows: Boavista FC. Football shirt collector, because it's a great to waste my money.

1 comment:

  1. Sempre quis essa da Croácia, só faltava dizer Suker atrás. Há uns tempos ainda andei à procura, mas não consegui encontrar, pode ser que desta vez quando mandarmos vir do classic.

    ReplyDelete