#6 Slavia Praha (Home Euro Shirt, 2008/2009)


Slavia's home shirt is definitly one of my favourites. I simply love the half-red-half-white design, with a golden neck and some golden details on the red sleeve. The big red star looks pretty awesome too.

This one was surprisingly hard to get. I first saw a Slavia shirt for sale on Subside Sports for a reasonable price, but as I was going to visit Prague in a few months, I though "eh, the hell with it, maybe in Prague I'll find loads of Slavia stuff". Big mistake.


I started walking around Prague looking for the shirt, but they were nowhere in sight. It was specially annoying because I really had that in mind: I wanted to bring a Slavia shirt to Porto. Buying a Sparta (Slavia's biggest rival) shirt wasn't much of a problem, as they were basicly everywhere. I'll post that one later.

A local salesman then told me it'd be pretty hard to get a Slavia shirt that week, as they had recently changed sponsors (from Adidas or something to Umbro), and they were out of stock everywhere. Besides, Slavia had crucial Champions League match against Ajax, so there was some excitement around the team after some poor seasons. Unlucky with Slavia, but at least I managed to purchase a magnificent Bohemians 1905 shirt, a really rare item. I'll post it later too.

This was the shirt I saw online and wanted to buy in Prague. I lost.
But actually, 2 years later, I found again a great Slavia shirt for sale on Classic Football Shirts, also for an awesome price (16£ I think). That time I didn't give it a second thought: called a few friends, made them buy some shirts so we could divide the shipping costs, and a few weeks later, I finally added the shirt to my collection.


This one is actually the Euro Shirt, it was used during Slavia's 2008/2009 Uefa Cup run. The good thing about the shirt design for european competitions is that usually the main sponsor logo is smaller than usual, which is definitly a good thing.




And I've just realised that I own the shirts of the 3 most important clubs in Prague. Funny.

Francisco Ferreira

Journalist and football enthusiast. Born and raised in Porto, but ended up cheering the local minnows: Boavista FC. Football shirt collector, because it's a great to waste my money.

1 comment:

  1. You can get football uniforms in different materials and colors but many people don't know that some places offer the ability for you to actually design the uniform yourself. Designing this season's jersey for your team can be thrilling.

    Boys Football Uniforms

    ReplyDelete