#15 Norway (Home, 2007/?)


I'm not really sure for how long Norway used this shirt, as I've seen some pictures of the national side wearing it in 2007, but in 2008 they were using a different one, and in 2006 too. So I guess they just used it for a short period of time.

Anyway, the shirt looks great and it was a gift from my family. Well, it was the least they could do for me: while they were spending some days in sunny Spain, relaxing, spending most of the day at the beach or swimming, and eating delicious seafood, I was stuck at grey Porto working like a dog. The good thing is that I managed to cook some pancakes almost everyday, and I drank expensive beers without my dad wanting to try them too. Apart from that, it was pretty tiring.

My brother sent a text message to my phone saying "ok, does Norway sound cool?", "Yeah sure, they still have the same they had last year?", "yeah lol the man asked if you weren't with us this year. I also bought Depor, it was expensive but dad paid for it.". We've been in that same shop one year before, and it seems one year after that they didn't manage to sell this Norway shirt yet. No surprise that the seller asked for me: last time we bought like 4 shirts there.


The shirt has an interesting design, also holding the Norwegian flag as a badge. Umbro didn't forget some fancy details:



Norway failed to qualify to any major tournament since Euro2000. They had their best period in the 90's, playing in 3 competitions in a row: World Cup 94 and 98, and Euro 2000. In France 98, they actually did pretty well, qualifying to the 2nd Round after beating Brazil and drawing against Scotland and Morocco. I actually remember that match: Norway scored 2 goals in the last minutes.

They actually have a decent squad, but they don't seem to score many goals. They finished 3rd on their Qualification Group for Euro2012, with 16 points, but scored 10 goals in 8 matches. They're pretty tricky at home, and they have a strong defence, with Fulham's Hangeland showing how it should be done.


I won't mention John Carew because when he was playing for Rosenborg he did specially well against Boavista in Champions League. Twice. So let's just post a photo of the guy wearing the shirt, ok?

Francisco Ferreira

Journalist and football enthusiast. Born and raised in Porto, but ended up cheering the local minnows: Boavista FC. Football shirt collector, because it's a great to waste my money.

0 comentários: